The brand of an organization, service, or product is the personality shaped by the perceptions of the audience. Brand includes fonts, logo, color, slogan, etc. but is also the “corporate image.” Everything a company does, owns, and produces should reflect the values and aims of the business as a whole. It is the core idea that makes up the company and drives its behavior, what it believes in, and why it exists.
Identity is built around the various visual devices used to portray the brand, usually with a set of guidelines around how the identity is applied through various mediums, being kept coherent across all of them, which in turn allows the brand to be recognizable.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Understand the distinction between brand and identity
- Identify key components of a brand and the brand strategy
- Identify collaborators that support branding efforts
- Evaluate an existing brand strategy and provide feedback
- Prepare a website style and usage guidelines document
- Perform design and development tasks in accordance with a brand strategy